Our Kids

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

New purchases, and summer fun!

Well, it's been a while since my last post, so I figured it was time to get back on the computer.  First of all, Dan would like me to share with you his new baby...

The box...
opening the box...
taking his "baby" out of the box...

Dan's new MacBook Pro!!

A few days before Dan left for Montreal, his laptop (which he had planned on using to do the media for worship in Montreal) started dying.  The computer was already on its last legs, so we had been preparing to buy a new one for a while now.  So two days before he left, Dan went out and bought a new MacBook!  Needless to say, he's thrilled to have a new toy:).  And I'm happy to have my hubby back!  Dan had a great time in Montreal, and got lots of good comments.  He got to lead worship with people he hasn't seen in two years, so it was good for him to reconnect.

As for Ethan, he's been learning all sorts of new things!  He's been walking more and more, and he's getting really good at it!  He's so much more confident and sturdy, and he's able to walk almost the entire length of our house without falling!  Ethan has also started climbing - not just pulling himself up on things, but actually climbing them.  About a week ago, I put him in his playpen for a few minutes, and the next thing I new, he was hanging over the side rail on his chest!!  He had jammed his feet into the mesh on the side to get himself up.  Thankfully he hasn't climbed out yet, but I'm sure it will only be a matter of time!  He has also started climbing the bookshelf in the playroom.  Dan was playing with him while I was in the kitchen, and then he said, "hey Lynn, come look at this!"  I went in there not knowing what to expect, and there was Ethan hanging off of the third shelf (with Dan right there making sure he didn't fall and hurt himself)!  My little monkey:).  One of our favourite things about Ethan is that he's so active and loves to try new things.  So even though he's a handful, we love him and all the challenges he throws our way!

Now for the pictures!  

About a month ago, we bought Ethan a wagon.  This was his first time in it, and he loved it!  We had to put him in the middle because he always jumps out of his seat.  Hopefully one of these days he'll learn that it's better to stay seated!

As most of you know, Tim, Charlotte & Myra are in town for the summer, so the cousins have been playing together a lot.  We had Myra over for a few hours one day, and the two of them were up to their usual antics.  They were playing in the hallway, and for whatever reason, Myra decided to grab Ethan's bum.  I'm glad I was able to get it on camera, because it was pretty cute!

Our little guy has really gotten into books lately.  He loves pulling them off the bookshelf and flipping through them (or destroying them - whichever he's in the mood for that day).  
The other day I was taking pictures of him while he was playing.  Then I stood him up to try to get some pics of him walking.  The next thing I new, he was running at me!  I quickly took this picture before he attacked me and the camera (it was really cute!).
Just hanging out in the front yard at Grandma & Grandpa Roth's house.

Yesterday, the three of us went to Cultus Lake, along with Bob & Dayna.  It was a beautiful sunny day, but as always, the lake was really cold.  We expected that, but decided to go anyway just to be outside and enjoy the sunshine.  We tried taking Ethan in the water, and he did amazing!!  We let him walk in to get used to the temperature, and he didn't even flinch.  He walked right in up to his chest and splashed around.  We brought along a baby ring to put Ethan in (thanks Tim & Char!), and he loved it!     
This was Ethan's first time in the ring.  My little fish, hanging out in the water with Dad!

Ethan and Dad going for a walk.  I love watching Ethan walk - he looks like such a little man!
A tired little boy after swimming.  He was wiped after coming out of the water for the third time, so we decided to head home.  He ended up falling asleep in his car seat as I was still buckling him in!

Well, that's all for now!  Hope you're all enjoying the great weather!

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Welcome home Dan! Glad you had a good time in Montreal and congrats on the new toy!!!:)
Ethan is definitely a character and a bundle of energy. I love his smile and that picture of him and Myra is hilarious!

Elissa said...

Oh, that kid is adorable! It just makes me laugh and smile to think of him climbing bookshelves and pole vaulting out of his playpen!

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Awesome post Lynn, what a fun summer you are having. Yeah for a new laptop I'm sure Jeff can relate more to that than I:) Considering Ethan and Aiden started walking at around the same time, it seem crazy to me that he is that grown up. I absolutely LOVE his little rolls, what a cutie!

Keith - Kristen said...

My word is he ever changing!
Sounds like you guys might be getting a frequent flyer card at the hospital with that
little dare devil :)What a rascal!
Glad to hear you guys are all back together

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

I'm so glad that Montreal was a good time for you, Dan. That's great news! Guess what - my sweetie ALSO got a MacBook Pro (15" screen and he upgraded to 4GB of memory, I think). He may down grade to a MacBook 10" and give me this one (I'm writing on the MacBook Pro right now). It is a sweet sweet machine!

Ethan is so super cute. Summer looks like a blast for you guys and that's so exciting!!!