Our Kids

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My two favourite little bears!!

For those of you who still check out our blog every so often, I thought I'd do an update...

Ethan & Mason continue to grow and change every day. Ethan is definitely well into the infinite-question stage of toddlerhood, which is usually pretty cute. (Of course, there are times when I'm tired and my patience is wearing thin, in which case it's not as amusing.) He's also at the stage where he makes very cute observations, and repeats various phrases (that we didn't even know we used) back to us - and in the perfect context! Here are just a few of his cute little quotes: "that's pretty nasty!", "we do NOT walk on trees!!" (not sure where he gets that one from??), "Oh...my...WORD!!" (yep, I use that one a lot), "I'm going to work!" (with a bag in hand), and "I'll be right back, Mom!!" (then he leaves the room for a second, and runs back in) "Okay, I'm back!" When Ethan plays in his room by himself, I will often listen in to see what he's up to, and he's usually playing with cars (re-enacting scenes from his favourite books), having incredibly polite conversations! His dialogues often go something like: "Do you want me to help you? Here...I will help you!" and "Oh, thank you!" He is also such a wonderful brother to Mason. Often if Mason is fussing, I will ask Ethan to help me make him laugh, and he jumps right in there doing his best to make Mason smile & laugh! And when Mason gets hurt, Ethan goes right away to comfort him. He will often give Mason toys (without being asked to!), and tells Mason when he's doing a good job ("You're standing so well, Mason!!"). That little boy sure knows how to melt my heart!!

Mason is also a joy to be with! He's definitely been showing more and more of his personality lately. He loves playing little games with us (like grabbing a bunch of my hair with each hand while looking directly into my eyes and laughing while he pulls). He also loves to dance, and starts pumping his arm as soon as he hears music. At church, during worship, he started bouncing up and down to the music - so cute! Mason is very quick to smile & laugh, particularly when his brother is the one playing with him! He knows when he's being silly or mischievous, and always smiles when we notice. He's also getting to be more vocal, and loves talking to us. However, he is often very quiet, especially when he's focused on completing a task. Our little Mason Man is getting to be quite the character, and I can't wait to see the little boy he will become!

Now for some pictures...
Ethan decided to feed "Treehouse" (he doesn't watch the Backyardigans, so he doesn't know his real name). I thought it was pretty cute that Ethan did this all on his own initiative!
"Don't tell Ethan that I stole his Lightning McQueen sippy cup!"
Mason is a boy of many facial expressions...and this is one of them:)
Whenever I leave Mason in his crib (even for just a minute or two), I can usually expect to come back to this...Mason standing in his crib without his pants on. I know that he starts taking them off by stepping on the ends, but one time I actually caught him pushing them off with his hands the rest of the way. What a munchkin!
Laughing at me while I take a picture of him... sans pants:)
Mason really wanted to get to the toys in the green bin, but someone left the truck in the way. That wasn't a problem, though, because Mason just climbed right on top! That little boy knows what he wants, and will do anything to get it:).
In Mason's mind, he has three body parts that can hold toys: two hands, and a mouth. If he's not holding a toy in each one, he's not doing his job right! Even when he's not carrying a toy in his mouth, he always has a toy in each hand, which makes it pretty entertaining to watch him crawl - he shuffles around on his elbows and knees so he doesn't have to let go!
Ethan was so proud of himself for wrapping his Thomas book around him!
What a funny guy!
My little angel!...
...And the angelic moment passed:)
Ethan loves playing airplane with Dad!
I pulled out the camera to take some pictures, and Ethan kept trying to hang Mater from the string attached to the camera:).
I like this expression:)
My little monkey!

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

These pictures made me smile:) Your boys are adorable. I love the picture of Ethan doing airplane and Mason's "i'm so proud, I took my pants off" pictures:)

Courtney and Jon said...

Love your blog posts, they are full of life and your ever-changing boys.
Thanks for sharing Lynn!
Hope you are well.

Ruth said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to blog, I sure appreciate it!

A. Ruth

Charlotte said...

Great pictures Lynn! :D A few more weeks and I'll get to hug you -yay!

free font said...

cute boys ^^!

Leanne said...

Ahhh, it's been too long since I checked your blog! I can't believe it's been so long since I've seen your boys, they are looking so grown up. I saw Ethan a little bit at Camp Squeah, but not Mason. He's looking like a toddler already! Looking forward to hanging out with you all again some day. Hope you're having a good evening!