Our Kids

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mason's walking!

Well, it only took me 2 1/2 months, but I'm finally doing a new blog post! The boys have changed so much since my last post, so I guess I'll start with an update. Mason has hit so many milestones, I don't think I can list them all. By 7 1/2 months old, he had 8 teeth (I'm pretty sure he's gearing up to eat us out of house and home!) He's also been climbing like crazy, sitting completely on his own, copying things that we do, etc. And most recently, he started walking! (There's a video at the bottom.) He can stand on his own for quite a while, and started off taking just a few steps. Now, he can walk for several feet and is getting better every day! Although one of my favourite parts of Mason walking is when he see's a toy he wants and he just decides to go for it by diving forward:).

Ethan has been growing up too, but in different ways. He's been saying the funniest things lately, and makes us laugh all the time! I love hearing the things that go on inside his head - kids are amazing:). Ethan still loves his little brother like crazy, and they get along so well! They both get so excited to see each other in the morning, and they make each other laugh all the time. I think they might have their own little brother language that only they understand! I'm so glad that they have fun together!

Well, that's my update in a nutshell. Now for some pictures!
Such a fun little guy:)
It always makes me laugh when he tries to pose for a picture!
Ethan loves putting together puzzles!
A cute little pose for the camera while rolling around in his crib
I love this expression!
I got out the camera to take some pictures of Mason, and he came after me laughing!
Ethan having fun in the tub - funny guy:)
Mason happily taking in the sights at the zoo
This is one of his funniest expressions - if we make this face at him, he'll copy us (too cute!)
Having fun in the toy bin
Such a sweetheart:)
Me and my little bear at the zoo
Mason taking a second to pose for the camera while climbing the book shelf
One day while I was folding laundry, Ethan grabbed one of the wash cloths and held it to his face and said "like nurse." I couldn't believe that he had remembered the nurses in the hospital wearing masks. That was back in November!
Mason enjoying a stroller ride, and hanging on tight!
That cute little tongue is often sticking out while he plays:)
While Ethan was eating, I decided to do a little photo shoot, and this is how it went...it started off well with Mason playing in his booster seat while Ethan ate...
Then Ethan started poking Mason and trying to hug him...
then Mason realized Ethan had food and kept grabbing for it:)
Ethan playing outside with Dad
We pulled out the tunnel for the first time in a long time, and both kids had a blast!
The brothers are always getting in each other's space:)
Why is it that kids always get so excited about the statues at the zoo when the actual animal is just a few feet away from them?
A cute tunnel shot

Here's a video of Mason walking...as always, Dan wanted to have a little fun with it:). Enjoy!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Your boys are so adorable!! I love the photo op at the table. Stays true to everyday life:) And the comment about the statues at the zoo is so true. Kyra's the same way. She has to sit on that deer everytime we go past it.
Yay for Mason walking - he looks so cute doing it:)

Rosanna Toews said...

Great video editing brother! Love the pictures in this post - so so so so so cute. Your boys are keepers!

Courtney and Jon said...

BEAUTIFUL photos Lynn. Your family is so gorgeous. And changing so fast hey!?