It's been 8 weeks since my little guy was born, and I have only done one post so far! I'm definitely due for an update, so here it goes...
Life has been pretty busy these last few months. Less than a week after Mason was born, Dan's family arrived in town. Tim, Charlotte & Myra were here for a short visit, and it was great to see them. It was fun to watch Ethan and Myra play together - I wish we could do more playdates! Dan's parents were in town for a bit longer, so Ethan and Mason got some quality Grandma & Grandpa Loewen time:). Sadly, everyone had to go back home, but hopefully we'll see them all again for Christmas!
Just a few weeks after Mason was born, Dan had to go out of town for a friend's wedding, so I got to do the single mom thing for four days. It was a little challenging - especially at times when both kids refused to go to anyone other than Mom! Thankfully, Aunty Rosanna helped out lots (not sure what I would have done without her!!).
I guess I should give an update on Mason now that he's almost two months old! Our last doctor's appointment was two weeks ago, and he weighed 12 lbs 10 oz. Our next appointment is this Tuesday, so we'll find out how much he's gained these last two weeks. Mason is doing really well so far. He's a very content baby, and only fusses when something's bothering him. He even tolerates all of Ethan's poking:)! Mason is a very smiley baby - so fun! (We've tried to get some pictures of him smiling, but he always seems to stop whenever we take a picture!) As I've mentioned before, Ethan absolutely loves his little brother, and Mason seems to love Ethan too. He often flashes smiles at Ethan, and Big Brother beams every time:). I can't wait to see what life will be like as they grow up together!
And now for some pictures from the last few months...
A tiny little smile:)
Just hanging out on his big brother's bed
Ethan and Dad spent some time watching the airshow from our deck. Ethan absolutely loved it when the planes flew overhead!
Just like Dad:)
I taped some paper to the floor and let Ethan colour all over it - he had a blast!
Ethan baking some muffins with Mom
"Mom, I can't believe you made me where an apron!"
Whenever we lay Mason down, Ethan has to lay right beside him! He sure loves his little brother!
Mason's not quite sure what to make of the stuffed dog that's hugging him...
Sound asleep on Dad (what a precious little guy!)
Falling asleep during tummy time
Here are two pictures that Aunty Dayna took
She's got such a great eye for photography:)
Ethan's smiling for the camera while Mason wonders why he can't just get two seconds alone!



3 comments:
Your boys are so cute! You're definitely going to have fun with them as they grow. I love the picture of Mason's smile - I think he looks like Ethan in that shot. Dayna really does do great photography - tell her that for me.
Kids cooking with parents are some of my favorite pictures - Ethan looks so cute in his apron!
Thanks for posting new pictures Lynn, we revisit the blog often - so glad everyone's doing well.
Trust your week goes well! Hugs and love for you and the boys!
Great post Lynn! We got your photo card in the mail today - thanks :D Missing you and wishing we could hang out together!
Post a Comment