Well, it's that time again...time for me to FINALLY work on a new blog post! We've been pretty busy lately, so blogging hasn't been a big priority. But I thought I should at least do one more post before the baby's born:).
I'm now about 35 weeks along, so only one more month to go! So far, everything's going well - no complications or concerns - so we're just playing the waiting game. Baby is still moving a lot, just like Ethan did...I wonder if this baby will be just as active too? Ethan has been showing more and more interest in Baby (or at least, my tummy). He finally felt the baby move a few weeks ago, which was pretty fun to share with him:). In the past when the baby was moving, I'd try to get him to touch my tummy, but he'd pull his hands away. This time, he let me hold his hands there for a while, and he felt it move! He looked up at me and didn't know what was going on. The next day, he sat beside me on the couch and lifted my shirt so he could feel my tummy. He kept gasping in surprise (even though the baby wasn't moving at the time) which was really cute - he was remembering what happened the day before:). Then he started kissing my tummy - I love my little guy!
We've been busy preparing for this new little one, and one of the biggest projects for us lately has been working on Ethan's new room. We're going to put Baby in Ethan's current room, and Ethan will move into what was our office. We're almost done painting (it's sort of a work in progress as we try to find time here and there in the evenings), and hopefully I'll remember to post a picture or two once it's done. I'm excited to get Ethan into his new bed (well, it's won't really be a bed...he's going to be on a mattress on the floor until he gets a little older). Hopefully he transitions well!
Well, since I may not have a chance to do another post before Baby is born, I figured now would be as good a time as any to do a bit of a baby poll! Please feel free to leave a comment and venture a guess! Here's some info to help you out...
- We have no idea whether it's a boy or girl (we wanted a surprise), so your guess is as good as mine!
- With Ethan, I was induced at 8 days overdue. My mom was two weeks late with all four of us kids, so it's entirely possible I'll follow in her footsteps.
- Ethan was born 8lbs 11 oz, 21 inches long.
- So far, this pregnancy has been going well, and is very similar to the last one (although I was more nauseous in the first trimester this time).
I think that's about it...happy guessing!!
Now for some pictures from the past month...
Ethan is fascinated by trucks and tractors (he calls both "kaa"), so when we got this tractor flyer in the mail, he was thrilled! Dan even pulled out his old John Deere toy tractors recently. Ethan absolutely loves them!
During our streak of warm weather, we decided to let Ethan play outside with his new water toy. He played with it for a long time, and even after we made him come inside (it was getting cold and he was starting to shiver), he cried and cried and begged to go back out and play in the water.
Of course, it wouldn't be a blog post without new golfing pictures!
Such a little man:).
Ethan decided to "ride" his toy tractor.
Just a little version of Dad!
Feeding himself and making funny faces for the camera.
More faces for the camera:).
And finally, a smile for the camera!
I thought this pose was too cute!
Well, that's all for now! Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!



8 comments:
Soo glad you are still feeling well Lynn, hoping these last few weeks just fly by!
LOVE all the new pictures of Ethan and I LOVE that guitar shirt, Aiden has a similar one in yellow and because of his obsession with guitars he asks to wear it every single day!
Ethan is such a little charmer and he makes me smile with his little mischevious looks!
I actually forget what you actual due date is, so I will wait for other people's guesses so I can be a little more accurate!
take care Lynn, stay as comfortable as possible!
Thanks Jocelyn! Sorry, but I completely forgot to include my due date...it's June 10th.
Great post Lynn! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Ethan's new room. The last picture of Ethan is too cute and the one of him feeding himself made me smile:) As for my baby poll guess:
Girl
June 12 is the first date that popped into my head, hoping it's sooner though for your sake:)
8lbs 2oz
21 inches
Born at 2:38pm
Happy Mother's day to you!
SUCH cute pictures of Ethan, he's really starting to look like a big boy.
I guess June 16, boy, 8 lbs 6 oz, 6:30 pm. (Wouldn't it be wild if you really really late and I was early and we were having babies at the same time?! Let's hope that doesn't happen.)
Hope to see pics of Ethan's room soon!
Thanks for the up-date Lynn. I always enjoy reading the blogs. My guess it's a girl and she's going to weigh 8 lbs. 4 oz and will be born June 19. How's that for starting it off!
A. Lori
Just a little tip take it for what it is worth. We tried just putting our daughter on a mattress on the floor but it wasn't til she had a bad that she would sleep properly and go to bed without a fight.
Great post! I feel so excited for you - 35 weeks! yay!
My guess is boy, June 10.
:D
love you and miss you!
YAY! Happy Mother's day to you Lynn. I hope you had a splendid day. Your photos are great, your son is absolutely adorable and looks like a mini version of your hubby :o).
I can't believe you are so close to having your 2nd baby, that is so exciting. Can't wait to hear all about it and see photos.
Take care
Post a Comment