Our Kids

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 01, 2008

Eleven months and three quarters...

I can't believe it's already September!  In just 8 days, it will be my little guy's first birthday.  Where has the time gone!!  I realized that I was due for post, so here's what's new...

Ethan has been changing and learning so much lately!  He can walk really well now, and sometimes even runs.  He has also learned how to sign a few words, which is exciting for us!  I'm sure every parent can relate because you spend so long communicating to your baby with no response, and then one day, they learn to communicate back!  Ethan has only learned to sign a few words to speak to us, but we've realized that he's able to understand so much of what we say to him.  For example, if we say "outside," Ethan gets really excited and starts pointing and walking to the nearest door.  He has also learned to play new games (which is so cute!).  He loves playing games like hide & seek.  I'll put him down in one room and quickly run to another room and hide (just around a corner).  He'll start heading in my direction and looking around corners to see where I've hidden.  Then when he sees me, I say "boo" and he laughs so hard!  We can play that over and over again, and it never seems to get old!  Another one of Ethan's favourite things to do is open and close anything with a hinge.  He loves lifting lids and sticking toys into compartments, then lifting the lid again to take the toys out.  It's so much fun to watch him learn new things like that!           

Now for a few pictures... 
Listening to music on Dad's headphones
Ethan decided to "help" us open these boxes by using the best tool at his disposal...his mouth:).
Playing with his first birthday present...2 weeks early.  Grandpa Loewen was so excited to give this truck to him, and Ethan loves it!
Who needs a teddy bear or a blankie when you've got a hammer!  Ethan had been playing with his hammer all morning, and was still holding it when Dan rocked him to sleep - so cute! 
My little construction man visiting Grandpa Loewen at his job site.  He had a great time looking at all the big machines and playing with Grandpa's hard hat.  

For Dan's birthday a few weeks ago, I gave him a music card.  Ethan quickly adopted it as his own, and loves dancing to the song...
Well, that's all for now.  I hope you are all enjoying the rest of your summer!

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

That's a cute video Lynn - I love watching kids run around in just their diapers:)
It is so great when our children can finally communicate back to us!! Love the picure of Ethan wearing Dan's headphones - sooo cute:) Have a good night!

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

He is so super cute! Is his hair getting lighter? I was just telling my sweetie that I could hardly believe Ethan is almost a year old. WOW - he's grown so much!

Courtney and Jon said...

oh my word Lynn. your son is so cute, I can't even get over it.

Charlotte said...

Missing you guys so much!!! Ethan is adorable :D - love the headphones picture and the dancing - so cute!!!

Rosanna Toews said...

These pictures are fantastic!