These last few weeks have been busy for us, and it feels like summer is just flying by! We've been trying to take advantage of the nice weather as much as possible by doing all sorts of outdoor activities with Ethan. Our little guys just LOVES being outside! He loves to explore and touch everything, and he points at all the trees, birds, leaves...everything is new and interesting to him. We love watching him discover the world around him!
Here are some of Ethan's adventures from the past few weeks.
A few weeks ago, we came home in the evening, and all the neighbour kids were playing outside. We had planned on getting Ethan ready for bed, but when I brought him inside he started crying. So I figured, why not! I put his shoes on again and let him play with the kids for a while. We brought out his wagon, and all the kids wanted to try! Kids were sitting on each other in the wagon, and asking to pull it...it was really cute. This is our tuckered out little boy after playing with all the kids:).
Last week, we decided to spend one of the sunny days at the playground & water park. Here's Ethan in the swing...as you can tell by his smiling eyes, he loves it!
Ethan enjoyed touching the water. He didn't seem to want to play in it, he just wanted to touch everything. He's pretty funny that way:).
Inspecting the water fountain up close...
Pulling Dad to wear he wants to go.
A few days ago, Ethan and I went with my family for a walk around Mill Lake. Normally, Ethan will sit in his stroller for most of the way, and usually gets antsy near the end. But since his bud (Grandpa Roth) was there, he wouldn't sit for a minute! He kept reaching up to my dad and wouldn't go to anyone else. Poor Grandpa...he sure got a workout walking around almost the whole lake with Ethan!
We stopped in the field, and for some reason, Ethan decided he wanted to sit on Aunty Joanne's foot! She kept trying to lift him up with her foot so he could stand again, but he kept sitting back down!
This afternoon, we had a Loewen/Unruh family waffle party at Uncle Henry & Aunt Irene's place. After we ate, there were all sorts of activities going on. One group decided to play bocce ball, including Grandpa Loewen. Once Ethan saw him, he started reaching for him (I love how they're both reaching for each other!).
Here's Ethan stopping to flash the camera:).
"Let's go this way, Grandpa!"
And finally, a picture of Gary & Irene with their grand kids (except Sammy is missing...I think she was being fed while we were taking the picture).
From left to right: Myra, Grandpa Loewen, Ethan, Kyra, Aunt Irene, and Jayce.



3 comments:
I love the first picture with the one shoe on/one shoe off exhaustion. SO cute! Looks like you're having some fun this summer :) I know what you mean about it flying by!
Love the pictures!
A. Ruth
Great pictures Lynn!
Post a Comment