Wow! It's been less than two weeks, and I'm already doing another post! (Sadly, I think this is a new record for me.) Even though it's only been a few weeks, a lot has happened. Ethan has reached some new milestones, which is always fun! Tomorrow he will be 8 months old, and I've heard that babies around this age seem to learn & do new things everyday - so far I'd say that's true! Ethan has been walking while holding hands (at least a few steps) for quite a while now, but everyday he gets better at it. Now, he's much steadier, quicker, and a little more adventurous. He can even walk while only holding on with one hand (although sometimes he's afraid of falling and looks for something to grab on to with his other hand). When he's using two hands, he usually chooses to run. As I mentioned in previous posts, he's been climbing on absolutely everything. Now, he's learning to climb up one object/person and grab onto another nearby object/person to make his way around the room. I love watching his little face as he does this because he always looks so focused and determined! Ethan has also started to crawl on hands and knees. He doesn't do it all the time (probably because he knows that he can get around much faster by doing his army crawl), but he's been trying it out every so often.
Last post, I had said that Ethan was going to start swimming lessons. Well, he's been to two lessons so far and absolutely loves it! We got there early for the first lesson, so we stood by the edge of the pool to watch the other kids in the water. He kept talking and squealing with excitement! Once we got in the water, he did great! He would kick and chase after the floaty toys, and jump into the pool from the edge...it was really cute:).
Last weekend, Ethan had his first photo shoot! Our friend Patty was kind enough to take some time out of her Sunday to take some family pictures for us. Here are a few of the photos (she also posted some on her blog):

Well, that's all for now. Have a great weekend, and happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
4 comments:
I love the pictures! Ethan is so incredibly cute! and you make such a good looking family :D Love you! Happy Mother's Day to you too!
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them with us!
Happy Mother's Day!
A. Ruth
Great pics Lynn. So glad you're enjoying your happy, busy boy.
Lynn, what phenomenal photos with your babe and baby :o). You all look fantastic.
Hope you are well.
Post a Comment