Our Kids

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, April 25, 2008

My little climber

Well, it's been three weeks since my last post, and a lot has happened. First of all a quick update: we have our washing machine back (yay!), and I'm so happy to be able to do laundry at home again! Now on to more interesting things...Dan received a call the other day from the MB Conference asking him to lead worship at the annual conference this summer in Montreal! He hasn't officially said yes yet (although he probably will), but it's incredibly flattering to be asked, and he's really excited about the opportunity to lead worship at such a big event! He's also excited to return to Montreal and to hopefully see a few familiar faces. I'm not terribly excited about feeling like a single mom while he's gone, but I guess it's a small price to pay to give Dan such a great opportunity.
On to Ethan news...
A few days ago, Ethan cut his 3rd tooth (his first upper tooth), so we're finally back to normal routines. These past few weeks have been pretty rough, especially for sleep. Now that he's done teething for the moment, hopefully we'll have at least a week of normalcy before the next one starts bothering him! Even though he's been in a lot of pain lately, that hasn't stopped him from learning new things. Ethan has learned to climb all over everything. For the past month or so, he has been pulling himself up on base heaters, book shelves, etc. But recently, he learned how to go beyond what he could reach on his tummy. In the past, he would try to reach for the highest point by staying on his tummy. Now, he's learned that he can get to where he wants to go by doing it in stages. So he tries to grab on to something to pull his knees underneath him, and then from his knees, he tries to reach the next stage. What a smart cookie! Last night, he figured out how to do this in his crib. Before, he would only climb up his crib when the railing was down. Last night, I put him in his crib after changing his diaper so I could go wash my hands quickly. I made sure to put the railing up (as always), then I rushed out to wash my hands and rushed back. I wasn't gone for more than 30 seconds, but when I came back to get him, I was greeted by Ethan standing in his crib, smiling at me!! It was so cute, so I grabbed the camera to capture him doing it again...

Here are some pictures from the last few weeks:

Here's Ethan sporting his beautiful "hat"

Listening to music on Dad's headphones

Here's Ethan trying on his swim trunks that he's going to wear when he starts swimming lessons this weekend!

Dad is so proud that Ethan is already showing an interest in guitars:)

Sucking on the side of the wagon as Grandpa Roth pulls Ethan around the cul-de-sac
My brother got this robot for Christmas a few years ago, so he pulled it out and we had fun watching Ethan interact with it.

Thankfully, he wasn't afraid of it:)

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

That video is precious - I love Ethan's "look at me! I'm so proud of myself!" face:) Yay for swimming lessons! Have lots of fun - Kyra loved hers.
What an awesome opportunity for Dan to head back to Montreal - we'll have to see what we can do about keeping you busy while he's gone:) Have a good day!

Rosanna Toews said...

Love it!

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Oh my word I can't believe how much he's grown, that is crazy, how absolutely cute!
Way to survive the first of teething!

Charlotte said...

Hi Lynn! It was so good to talk to you tonight! Ethan is so cute!!! I loved it when he let go of the crib railing and fell back on the mattress and then looked so surprised - ha ha :D that was great! and he looks like such a little boy in his swim trunks - we didn't even get to the topic of swimming lessons :D - you'll have to tell me about it next time we chat. :) Hope you have a really good sleep tonight even it's short!
Love you!
Charlotte

Ruth said...

Thanks for the videos and pictures, we love it!!
Aunt Ruth