I guess I'll start with an update on our washing machine, because a few people have been asking about it. It's still broken, but the part finally came in, so they will come to our house tomorrow to pick up the machine. Once they have the machine at the shop, it takes about three days to fix it. It has now been more than four weeks since it broke, so I'm very thankful it will only be a few more days before I can do laundry in my own home again!! We've actually gotten to the point where it feels weird to go to either of our parents' without bringing a load or two of laundry.
Anyway, onto other things. I know that every parent says this, and it's very cliche, but Ethan is growing so fast and changing so much all the time! He's been getting around so quickly that we have to keep our eye on him all the time (not that we ever stopped watching him!). It's fun to watch him crawl around and try to get to a toy that's under the couch or hidden in a corner. Sometimes I play little games with him like who can crawl to the toy the fastest. I'll put a ball about ten feet away, and then I'll lay on my tummy beside him and start making my way across the floor to it. He refuses to let me get to it before him, so he looks at me, smiles, and then motors across the floor to beat me to it. (I usually let him win, but don't tell him!) It's so fun to see more and more of his personality come through!
He's almost 7 months old, so this has been a long time coming, but we finally had Ethan's baby dedication last weekend. There has been a lot going on at our church, so we were never sure when to do it. We finally just picked a weekend. Dan's Aunt Louise had already planned to come out from Manitoba for a visit, so we wanted to do the dedication while she was here. The dedication went really well! Both our families were there, and the dedication was performed by Ron, who also performed our wedding, and has been a family friend of the Loewens for years.
Not much else has happened since my last post. We've just been keeping busy and enjoying spending time with Ethan. Since there's nothing else to share, here are some pictures!
I love this picture - good job on the photography Auntie Dayna!Well, that's all for now! Have a great weekend everyone!



6 comments:
Even though they get into lots of trouble, I love that moving around stage. Ethan seems to show a lot of his personality through his pictures and he looks like quite the tease. Awesome pictures, and congrats on baby dedication-how special!
Great post Lynn! Ethan is so huggable and kissable and CUTE!!!
I love these pictures Lynn! Great post. Love you lots.
Love the pictures! You always take such great ones:) Definitely agree with you on the baby towels - Kyra has a duck one that I absolutely adore. I'm glad that Ethan is doing so well with solids and that there have been no allergies popping up yet.
I can't believe you've gone almost 4 weeks without a washing machine. That's unbelievable to me. What a blessing to have both sets of parents living so close. Yea for it getting fixed soon!
we felt privileged to be there to attend Ethan's dedication - what a special time for parents. (Hopefully the video turned out all right!) Have a good night!
Congrats on the dedication! Kinda cool that my dad got to perform your wedding and dedication! I can't believe that it's been 7 months since he was born. It has gone by so fast! I love the pic of the dog licking him, his face is priceless.
To funny :)
Love the new photos.
Where do you live, you can write me at jckrause@hotmail.com (hahaha), I was just curious from your photo with your dad in it.
Hope you are doing well. your son is adorable btw :o)
Post a Comment