Our Kids

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 10, 2008

My little person!

Not much has happened in our lives these last few weeks, but as always, Ethan is growing and changing. Yesterday, Ethan turned 5 months old, and as my dad always says, he's becoming a little person! He can now sit by himself (he still falls over every once in a while, though, so we still have to watch him closely), he can easily roll both ways (and he uses this manuever to wiggle his way to where he wants to go), and he is learning more and more to focus on objects. Ever since he was a few weeks old he has been able to follow objects with his eyes, but he can now grab them, hold them, and study them (and of course, put them in his mouth!). He also seems to have a new fascination with the nightlight in his room. If it's lit up, he immediately leans over to try to get it. When we're holding him, we have to hold on tight so he doesn't fall! I usually try to give him a chance to touch and play with the light when he leans towards it, so he reaches out his little hands to run his fingers over the plastic cover. He's so gentle and methodical - I wish I knew what he's thinking when he does this!


Well, that's my update on the last few weeks! Now, here are some fun pictures!

Here's Ethan helping Mom out with laundry:)
My cute little froggie all wrapped up after a bath!
Since Ethan is sitting so well, I often put him in the laundry basket with a pillow so he can sit and play while I do housework. Here's my little guy kicking back and lounging in the basket:).
My little guy, sitting all on his own - I'm so proud!
Ethan loves mirrors, and lately he has taken more of an interest in the one hanging from the arch on his playmat. He can even lean on one hand and reach up with the other to grab the mirror!

5 comments:

Rosanna Toews said...

I love these pictures! So cute and handsome.

Ruth said...

very cute! Thanks for blogging so that we can watch him grow as well!
Aunt Ruth

Yvonne said...

Such a little cutie - the laundry basket idea is a good one. He sure seems to enjoy it:)

Jeff and Jocelyn said...

Yeah for sitting:) What a different world that opens up for them. All those pictures are so cute, that froggy towel one is really precious.

Charlotte said...

Oh! I'm missing out on so much!! He is soooo CUTE! as always :D :D Way to go Ethan!