Over the past week or two, Ethan has been getting fussier and fussier. At first, we knew it was from teething because he had a few rough days filled with lots of crying and sucking on teethers. However, after those painful crying days passed, he would still fuss more than normal. I tried everything from tickling him to playing airplane, and as a last resort, feeding him. Nothing worked. So after a day or two of this, I finally figured it out: he wanted to walk! I put my little guy's feet on the floor, and he instantly stopped fussing! Since he's only five months old, I have to support him quite a bit, but he's the one that moves his little feet to take steps, and he can already walk the whole length of the house! This trick works most of the time, but we do still have fussy moments. Then yesterday, Dan & I took him to Ikea for the first time. We normally keep him in his car seat and attach it to the stroller (since it's made to do that). But yesterday, we tried putting him in the stroller without being strapped in the car seat. He got to sit facing forward to see the world coming at him, and he couldn't have been happier! We walked around for about an hour and a half, and he didn't make a peep the whole time. He just looked around at all the people and the bright colours - it was so precious! Now we have a new trick to keep him happy - walking in the stroller! (Especially since the weather is finally getting better.)
On a completely different note...
As I've probably already mentioned, Ethan enjoys sucking on (among other things) faces. If you're prepared to get wet, it's quite a treat! Now, not only does he suck on faces, he has also incorporated his new favourite thing - blowing/spitting on faces. I was playing with Ethan one night when he started to do it, and Dan was able to get it on video. Enjoy! (Sorry - it's a bit dark.)



9 comments:
Love that video - Ethan kisses are definitely fun:) He is going to be off and running before you know it! We should try and hook up for a walk this week if the weather continues to be this nice - have a good evening!
I'd love to go for a walk with you sometime - we should figure out a day that works!
I love the video, thanks for sharing. I loved seeing the joy, love, fun and happiness that you have for and share with your son. How special.
Hey Lynn,
you guys definitely have a very quite little man on your hands. love the way he sucks on your face.
Christa
I loved hearing your laugh on that video Lynn! :D Ethan is so cute!!! My favorite pictures are the one of him just in a diaper in his crib and the last one - he has the best smile!!! :D Miss you!!
The face sucking is really funny, he is so into it which makes it even more funny.
What a handsome little man! Love all the pictures.
Love the video! Love you guys!
HAHAHAHA LYNN YOUR LAUGH IS SOOOOO FUNNY!!! Ethan is soooo cute I love when he smiles and blows!!!
love , (crazy aunt) Dayna
love the photos, thanks for sharing
Post a Comment