Well, as usual, it's been a long time since my last post. I guess I'll start with a quick baby update. I went for my second ultrasound (18 week) a few weeks ago, and got the results back. The doctor said everything looks good and there are no abnormalities. It's always nice to get good news! I've also been feeling a lot of kicking lately. If fetal movement is any indication of how active a baby will be, then this baby's going to be just as active (if not more so) than Ethan! Here's a picture of what Baby looked like 3 weeks ago...

Ethan's been a busy little boy this last month, and he's learning all sort of things! He's saying lots of new words (or at least his version of the words) and he's communicating better all the time. But for some reason, Ethan completely skipped the "mama, dadda" stage and just says "Dad!" (For both mom & dad.) It's pretty funny - he's completely capable of saying "mom," but chooses to call me "dad" anyway! When I'm working at home in the office, Ethan often comes to the door yelling "Dad! Dad! Dad!" and then knocks to get me to come out. It's really cute:)! One time, Dan took a picture of it...

Ethan has also been busy playing lots of golf with Dad. He loves going to go to the putting green to practice with his new putter (care of Grandpa Loewen!). It's a 3-5 year old putter, so it's the perfect size for him to use. He even holds it properly, and hits the ball really well! Ethan loves playing golf so much, he fell asleep with his putter the first day he got it...

After he fell asleep, Dan tried taking it away, but each time, Ethan would tighten his grip. He was finally able to take it away after about a half hour. That little boy sure is determined!
Now for some random pictures from the last month...
The cousins had fun scaling Grandma & Grandpa Loewen's window. (This was taken on Boxing Day when Tim, Charlotte and Myra were visiting.)
Watching TV with Grandpa
Reading a book in his second favourite "chair" (AKA his tunnel).
Trying to do push-ups like Dad. Dan uses these to do push-ups all the time, and Ethan always sneaks up and crawls underneath him. Dan just keeps going, and Ethan doesn't seem to mind!
One time Ethan woke up with really cute bed-head, and Dan tried to take a picture of it. You can see a bit of the crazy hair, but I thought the pose was really cute.
Ethan loves self-feeding, and he's gotten really good at using a fork. (He can even eat Cheerios by piercing each one - I'm not even sure how he does it!) This was the first time he put some food on the fork all by himself, and he was so proud!

I put one of Dan's shirts on Ethan while I was folding laundry, and decided to grab the camera for a quick picture. It turned into a bit of a photo shoot because he kept posing so he could look at the picture on the screen afterward.
Well, that's what we've been up to! Until next time!
5 comments:
What a great post. Glad to hear that you are doing so well and feel good. Love the photos. Ethan is so cute.
Yeah for a new post! SO glad things are going well and your ultrasound went well. i agree always a relief!
Ethan sure is growing up, loved the pictures! LOVE the bed head and the golf one- that is really funny. Watch out Tiger!
Soooo precious to see the photos Lynn... thanks for posting again. Can't begin to say how much I miss 'grandma-duty' and fun with Ethan. So glad for the times it works to Skype and chat by phone... sorry to miss you when you are at work. Glad you are feeling well and baby is 'happy'... Take care. Loads of love for you - Ellie
Hi Lynn! Oh man I miss you! So fun to read this post and see Ethan's cuteness up close :D He is soooo CUTE!!!
I LOVE ultrasound pictures where you can really see the baby - not just some fuzzy 'something'. That's awesome! So glad to hear that things are going well. WOW is Ethan ever growing. What a cutie!! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment