Our Kids

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, November 14, 2008

Our smiley boy:)

A few weeks ago, we bought Ethan a table & chairs set from Ikea, and he loves it!  He climbed up on the chair as soon as I put it together.  Soon afterward, we decided to pull out the crayons for the first time.  Ethan had a blast!  After he was done, Dan put them away where Ethan couldn't reach them.  Somehow, he found them anyway, and begged Dan to get them down so he could colour some more!  Now he points to them all the time to show us he wants to colour.  As you can tell from the picture, colouring is one of his new favourite activities:).          
Of course, Ethan might also be smiling for a different reason...





















he's going to be a big brother!!!
That's right, folks!  Baby Loewen #2 is on its way!!  We're very excited, and I'm sure Ethan will be too...once he understands what's going on:).  You probably have lots of questions, so I'll do my best to answer them.  First of all, I'm due June 10, 2009 which means I'm 10 weeks along.  We told our families a few weeks ago because we knew it would be too hard to hide from them.  (Much to my dismay, I've already been gaining weight, and I'm starting to get a bit of a tummy.)  I've been feeling pretty nauseous for the past month, and it's definitely been worse than last time.  With Ethan, I was only nauseous when I was hungry, or if I ate (or just thought of) the wrong food.  Now, I get nauseous for the same reasons, and for no reason at all.  I don't have any cravings so far - just aversions to everything.  Thankfully, I have a very wonderful, supportive husband who helps out with everything!  

In case you're wondering how we got an ultrasound picture so early, its because the doctor ordered a "dating" ultrasound to verify my due date (so I can hopefully avoid being induced this time).  As it turns out, the calculated due date is correct.           

Well, I think that's about it!  I'll try to keep you posted as the pregnancy goes on.  Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

Yvonne said...

Ethan looks so cute sitting in his chair:) How do they do that - find things that we have hidden way up high? It astounds me:)

Yay for an ultrasound picture - he/she looks like a little baby already!:) Congratulations again, we're so excited for you! Hopefully your nauseousness subsides in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait to meet the newest little addition to your family:)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dan and Lynn - we are excited for you. Walter & Susan

Ruth said...

That is very exciting!!!!
Congratulations!
a. Ruth

Irene said...

Dan & Lynn this is such exciting news! Congratulations!
A.Irene

Elissa said...

Hooray!! I just found out the news today. Congratulations. I'm thinking this blog's title is going to have to be changed... to The FOUR of us!

Chrys said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I'm sure Ethan will love being a big brother. I can just picture family gatherings a year from now with all the kids we've added in the past couple years. Totally crazy fun! :)

Jaclyn_Rose said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting!!

Leanne said...

I'm glad I was already able to give you a congratulatory hug earlier :) We're very excited to walk alongside you and support you in any way we can during your pregnancy. Congratulations again! Hope the nausea ends soon.

Charlotte said...

So so so excited for you! Congratulations again :D

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

Awww - he's going to be such a cute big brother. Crayons are like a whole new world - what fun!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! We're so excited for you guys. I remember (and hated) that nauseous feeling, but hopefully it gets better in the 2nd trimester. Yay for good dates, too, 'cuz inducing is no fun! My daughter hopes that your baby comes on June 15 - not that she wants you to have to wait 5 days past your due date, but that's her birthday. I liked being pregnant this time of year... I had my own little heater to keep me warm through the winter!

Congrats again!!! I'm so glad for blogs to keep up with what's happening.

Love & Blessings!!!

Courtney and Jon said...

YAY a new post and a very exciting one at that!
We have been on holidays for 2 weeks so I caught up on both of your posts and am so thrilled to hear about baby #2. I was always wondering when that post would come teehee. I always wonder when the first is getting older, cause many families plan couple years apart ya know?! so I figured yours announcement would be soon :o). I'm so thrilled for you. Sorry that you're feeling a bit worse.
Let's really try to do coffee soon. I know we have said it but let's make it happen.

LeahA said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO