Our Kids

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Ethan's 3rd Birthday

I can't believe that my little guy is three now! It seems like he was born yesterday, and at the same time, if feels like so much more than three years has passed. We feel so blessed to have such a wonderful little boy in our lives, and thoroughly enjoy watching him learn and grow! Over the last year, he's gone from speaking a handful of words to full sentences and stories. Sometimes, I can't believe the things that come out of his mouth (in a good way)! One moment he's cracking us up, the next moment, he's saying something so mature that I think he's 3 going on 30! Just the other day, he got so excited that he started jumping around and cheering and making all kinds of silly noises. Then he calmed right down, sighed and said, "I was just being silly...I'm sorry, I don't have to do that." Dan and I couldn't believe our ears!! Where did that come from?? Not only is Ethan funny, but he is so caring. He loves his little brother so much, and takes such good care of him. They are each other's best friends, and we love watching them interact. Even though Mason is younger and not as capable as his big brother (yet), Ethan always includes him in the games he's playing (like chasing each other around the house or pretending they're animals at the zoo). Mason is definitely blessed to have Ethan as a big brother.

Ethan's a little sweetheart, and melts my heart on a daily basis. He'll tell me that I'm doing a great job, or offer to help me with whatever I'm doing, or comment on what a beautiful, sunny day it is. As sweet as Ethan is, he is also incredibly strong willed, which makes for interesting conversations (when he's positive he's the one that's right!), and causes challenges when it comes to discipline. Even so, his strong will means that he knows what he wants and won't let anyone or anything deter him. We love that quality in Ethan:).

I could go on and on about how wonderful Ethan is, but instead, I'll end with some of our favourite photos from the last three years. Happy birthday Little Bear!!






















4 comments:

Rosanna Toews said...

Instant tears looking at these pictures. I love you Ethan. Happy, happy birthday!!!

Yvonne said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!! I love those photos of him. He is such a handsome little man and a wonderful older older brother.

Leanne said...

What a fantastic little boy you have. Happy happy Birthday to Ethan, and happy 'becoming a mommy" day to you Lynn.

Elissa said...

Love it! Gotta love those "mature" moments when they act more like adults than children (thinking about the "sorry for being silly" comment-- how cute is that?) Happy Birthday Ethan!